Impact Investing Network
Investment action to build the housing solution.
The Impact Investing Network (IIN) warmly invited trusts, foundations, iwi, investors and government organisations interested in housing impact investment opportunities to their Housing Symposium with an Impact on the 12th September 2023.
Impact Investing Network and Forsyth Barr: Nau mai, Haere mai - Welcome
- Katie Beith (Head of ESG, Forsyth Barr), and Tan Huynh (Impact Investing Network)
1:15pm - 1:30pm
1:30pm - 2:15pm
Lived experience: hear about the impact an investment in housing has had.
- Hosted by Habitat for Humanity
Scene-setter: Housing market in Aotearoa NZ
Housing in NZ, challenges and opportunities – Paul Gilberd, Community Housing
What we are doing and what trusts can do – Terri Eggleton, BayTrust
Challenges / opportunities, an investee perspective – Roy Thompson, New Ground Capital
2:15pm - 2:45pm
2:45pm - 3:15pm
3:15pm - 3:35pm
3:35pm - 4:45pm
4:45pm - 5:00pm
Networking / break
Māori housing: whānau-led housing solutions.
- Mike Hinton (CEO, He Herenga Kura), Ali Hamlin-Paenga (Chairperson, Te Matapihi), Jamie Tuuta (significant experience with Māori housing solutions), Dion Maaka (Toi Foundation)
Kiwisavers: What KiwiSaver funds are looking for, and other challenges and opportunities from an institutional investor perspective
- John Berry (CEO Pathfinder) and James Palmer (Chief Executive, Community Finance)
Impact Investment Solutions Roundtable:
Build to Rent, Shared Equity, CHP Loan Finance, Iwi Opportunities, Progressive Home Ownership, and more.
Featured organisations and speakers:
Tim Symons (Brightlight), Roy Thompson (New Ground Capital), Nigel Spratt (YouOwn), Derek Handley (Aera), Conrad LaPointe (Habitat for Humanity), James Palmer (Community Finance), Julie Scott (Queenstown Lakes Community Housing Trust).
Closing remarks and key takeaways.
- Alastair Rhodes, Impact Investing Network Chair
5:00pm - 7:00pm
Networking drinks and nibbles